Re: squid and Frontpage-2000 editor

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 01:17:40 +0200

Rob & Barb Fair wrote:

> squid seems to have an interesting issue with the MS Frontpage-2000
> editor, which appears to issue POST requests with just a URL path
> (no protocol/host component). These are rejected by squid as a bad URL
> in urlParse(), which stops Frontpage-2000 dead in the water since it
> cannot connect to the website being edited.

Sounds like a FP2000 bug in it's "support" for proxies. To me this
sounds like FP2000 connects to your proxy but is assuming it connected
directly with the origin server when it sends the request and not the
proxy..

> A quick hack to detect and reformat such requests in urlParse() lets
> FP-2000 work OK, but I'm wondering whether this is really the appropriate
> solution

Probably not. The appropriate solution would be to bug Microsoft to make
a fix for FP2000.

A simpler workaround than to change the code might be to enable Squids
httpd_accel mode:
httpd_accel_host www.your.domain
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

--