Re: Proxy.pac

From: Robert Franklin <r.c.franklin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:53:09 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:22:48 +0100 Ian Wales <ian@terminus.ericsson.se>
wrote:

> I've written proxy.pac files recently, but now I'm wondering if this
> could be replaced by the setup of squid.
>
> The configuration I want is:
>
> All local information must go local
> Everything else to go PROXY.
>
> Can this be done in the squid.conf

You can enforce it in squid.conf (most people do)... something like:

  # replace 134.225.0.0/16 with something which represents your network
  acl myclients src 134.225.0.0/16
  acl mynetwork dst 134.225.0.0/16

  # deny access to local *destination* servers, allow to clients and block
  # everything else
  http_access deny mynetwork
  http_access allow myclients
  http_access deny all

As an aside, I was wondering if any people have any interesting
proxy.confs? We've been working on one here which supports some
'debugging' options to easily find out what caches various clients get,
etc. Might be worth compiling a handy archive of them with Squid?

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@reading.ac.uk>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK