Re: squid crashing on redhat 6.2

From: tom minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:23:21 +1000

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 11:25:33AM +1000, MT wrote:
> hello all
>
> i used to have squid working without any trouble
> on my old slackware box, by running a command
> called runcache.
>
> however, recently i upgraded to the latest redhat
> and, squid starts up at start time, and crashes
> after a while.
>
> so i tired my old runcache script(copied below)
> from my slackware box, and it started up lots of
> little squids.
>
> is there are simple fix?

The RH6 script that starts Squid on boot won't restart if it crashes (although
I have a few sites using RH6/Squid that have stayed up for a few months without
squid dying).

You'll be better off figuring out what makes Squid crash (you didn't provide
any logs so that'll be your first stop).

tom@interact.net.au