RE: PASSWD FILE

From: nilotpal <nilotpal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:20:47 +0530

:(

Actually I want the squid configuration file to be password protected. I start squid through the init.d directory. People are messing with both this squid file and my squid.conf file.
I can change the password of the root (everyone uses it now) but that's not advisable because of weirder reasons. So, i need to password protect these specific files.
What I need is that it should ask for password whenver anyone tries to open the file with any text editor.
help now!!