Re: squid crashing on redhat 6.2

From: MT <mt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:50:46 +1000

i think it crashes when the server runs out of memory.
it's only a 486 with 16MB. (don't ask why i haven't
upgraded the resources - there is a good reason
for that, but i won't go into that here)

i was just hoping to get it restarted anyway.

there must be a simple reason why the new script
doesn't work on redhat but does on slackware.

i have decided to disable redhat starting
squid by it self and put the 'runcache' script in
rc.local, but it didn't help.

does anyone the know the logic behind the
'runcache' script.

cheers
MT