Re: tc + squid

From: Robert Dale <rdale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Michel Blanc wrote:

> Well, actually I use both on my gateway and have some configuration
> problems.
> The setup I want to put in place is :
>
> 1) - transparent proxying on 80 redirecting on
> 2) - squid, 3128
> 3) - squid has it's own delay pools
> 4) - QoS on the server, except for what comes from squid (it is not
> desirable to do bandwith management on what comes from the cache, as
> what I want to regulate is the stuff coming from the other side of the
> router), that's why squid uses also delay pools, and should not be
> limited by QoS (QoS code, AFAIK, can not know whether data was fetched
> from the source or from the cache).

I haven't gotten that far with squid to know what delay pools are,
but I had a chance this morning to setup tc and squid on the same machine.
On my little testbed with one server, router, and two clients, they seem
to co-exist quite well. Coming through the cache or not, everything
is bandwidth limited. I'm very happy so far :)

--
Robert Dale
		Live from wplug.org!