Re: access authorisation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:19:26 +0200

Neither HTTP or SMB has a distinct logon-logoff procedure. Both
protocols caches user credentials in the client and uses them to
reauthenticate to the server when needed. The "logoff" is only a flush
of the cached credentials (and closing any open SMB connections if any).

The closest you can get I beleive is to have both SMB and Squid share
the same account information. See proxy_auth and authenticate_program in
squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker