Increasing file-descriptors under linux

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:20:38 +1000

I answer the "How do I increase file-descriptors under linux for my
squid box" and a lot of the associated questions every day. I'm getting
pretty tired of answering them, to be honest.

http://www2.simegen.com/~dancer/minihowto.html

Behold. The above link points to a really simple mini-how-to. You need
to know how to build and install software and kernels, but there's a
link to the patched kernel source I use, and the set of things I do to a
box.

Go forth, and _try_ not to screw up _too_ badly.

(I _think_ I've attributed Oskar correctly as being the responsible
fellow for the patches. If I'm wrong, someone hit me)