Re: WCCP - doesn't work ?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:48:02 +1000

How would you react to: 'Of course it doesn't work, the code isn't
finished yet'? This is a development release to keep code-writers in
synch and to unit test bugs. It might not work at all. Actually, I don't
know what the status of the WCCP code is. It quite literally may not be
finished to any point beyond a bare conceptual design. It might be in
alpha test or limited beta test.

For the umpty-dozenth time: Direct any comments about devel versions to
the development list. Not the users list. You are invited to supply any
code to actually make a non-working feature work, or to fix a bug.

What do you need to make it work? At present probably: A reasonable
knowledge of C coding, the WCCP specification, a knowledge of the
structure of squid 2.3 and the willingness to finish and cross-check the
implementation.