RE: "Squid" failed to cache from FTP sites that does not support RESUME

From: Idan Feigenbaum <idanfei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:12:54 +0200

I was trying to download using a download program that HAD resume ability
from several sites with
and without the proxy.

When downloading (without proxy) from site that supported RESUME, the
program showed me that it did support the resume, and when I aborted the
download, and then try to resume it - it was all fine - the download started
immediately and completed successfully.
When download (without proxy) from site the didn't support RESUME, the
program showed me that resume is not available, and of course, when aborting
and trying to RESUME the download, it started from the beginning.
NOW, when I was downloading (WITH SQUID) from site that supported RESUME,
the program showed me that it supports the resume, and when I aborted the
download, and tried to resume it - it was all fine - the download started
immediately and completed successfully.

BUT, when I was downloading (WITH SQUID) from site the didn't support
RESUME, the program STILL showed me that RESUME is SUPPORTED, when I aborted
the download, and tried to RESUME it - it took a lot of time until squid
reached the point that I requested to resume from. That's logical for me,
but even if I download the whole file at once, and then try to download it
again, it wont give it to me from the cache - from some reason it releases
this file from the cache.

Am I clear enough ?