More: FTPing to ftp.netscape.com & Squid 2.2 Stable 4

From: <info@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:12:08 +1000

It turned out that I couldn't get Squid to FTP to ftp.netscape.com directly, but
I could if I went through my ISP's proxy systems. The reason why my main proxy
wouldn't work is because of the combination of using 'icp_port 0' &
'prefer_direct on'. When I set prefer_direct off then whammo, ftp worked.

If this turns out to be something other than a misconfiguration inside my ISP's
network/s - ie an issue with Squid 2.2STABLE4 - I will then say so.

Interestingly enough ALL other ftp sites worked fine regardless if I go direct
or not!

Cheers
Marc

>From: info@talent.com.au
>To: Squid Mail List <squid-users@ircache.net>
>Subject: FTPing to ftp.netscape.com & Squid 2.2 Stable 4
>Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 3:13 PM
>

> I have tried to open an FTP connection to ftp.netscape.com though very simply
> configured Squid 2.2 STABLE 4 using both IE4.5 & Netscapes 4.0.5 & 4.6.1 (with
> browsers set to use my proxy) but failed with a read error messages from
Squid.