Re: Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:52:16 -0600

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, richard lithvall wrote:

> Hi...
>
> ..and sorry if I'm asking an obvious thing, but I've browsed the FAQ and
> the archive and didn't find any answer to my question;
>
> http://sverige.bokus.com/cgi-bin/more_book_info.cgi?ISBN=1874416680&search_ISBN=&AUTHOR1_F=&AUTHOR1_L=&AUTHOR2_F=&AUTHOR2_L=&from=&to=&AUTHOR=&TITLE=beginning%20linux%20programming&TITLE_EXACT=&HITS=&&FAST=Beginning
> Linux Programming&FAST_VALUE=TITLE
>
> Squid/2.2.STABLE4 doesn't like the above URL, and I've found out why
> (It's because the literal space's in "Beginning Linux Programming") but
> I don't know how to make Squid accept this type of URL. (Netscape Proxy
> doesn't seem to have any problems with the URL)

search for 'whitespace' in squid.conf. You have four options:

# deny: The request is denied. The user receives an "Invalid
# Request" message.
# allow: The request is allowed and the URI is not changed. The
# whitespace characters remain in the URI. Note the
# whitespace is passed to redirector processes if they
# are in use.
# encode: The request is allowed and the whitespace characters are
# encoded according to RFC1738. This could be considered
# a violation of the HTTP/1.1
# RFC because proxies are not allowed to rewrite URI's.
# chop: The request is allowed and the URI is chopped at the
# first whitespace. This might also be considered a
# violation.

Duane W.