Re: "Squid" failed to cache from FTP sites that does not support RESUME

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 07:34:17 +1000

Idan Feigenbaum wrote:

> And what if i dont need/care about the last modified ?
> In my point of view, if once the file was fully retrieved from the site, it
> should be in the cache.
> Or maybe a configuration of 'x' hours that it will be in the cache.
>
> Is is possible to configure squid to behave like that ?

If you don't care, then set your refresh_pattern rules appropriately.
According to the embedded docs:
# TAG: refresh_pattern
# usage: refresh_pattern [-i] regex min percent max [options]
#
# By default, regular expressions are CASE-SENSITIVE. To make
# them case-insensitive, use the -i option.
#
# min and max are specified in MINUTES.
# percent is an integer number.
#
# override-lastmod
# reload-into-ims
# ignore-reload
#
# override-expire enforces min age even if the server
# sent a Expires: header. Doing this VIOLATES the HTTP
# standard. Enabling this feature could make you liable
# for problems which it causes.
#
# override-lastmod enforces min age even on objects
# that was modified recently.
#
# reload-into-ims changes client no-cache or ``reload''
# to If-Modified-Since requests. Doing this VIOLATES the
# HTTP standard. Enabling this feature could make you
# liable for problems which it causes.
#
# ignore-reload ignores a client no-cache or ``reload''
# header. Doing this VIOLATES the HTTP standard. Enabling
# this feature could make you liable for problems which
# it causes.
#
# Please see the file doc/Release-Notes-1.1.txt for a full
# description of Squid's refresh algorithm. Basically a
# cached object is: (the order is changed from 1.1.X)
#
# STALE if age > max
# FRESH if expires < now, else STALE
# FRESH if lm-factor < percent, else STALE
# FRESH if age < min
# else STALE
#
# The refresh_pattern lines are checked in the order listed here.
# The first entry which matches is used. If none of the entries
# match, then the default will be used.
#

Note the options, with which you can express what you want.