Re: squid configuration

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 08:53:56 +0200

At 20:43 31.08.99 +0000, Joao Assad wrote:
>Dancer wrote:

[Is there a way to configure squid to NOT proxy some site ?]

>> That's not a squid configuration issue. The thing you want to configure
>> is the browsers.
>
>aye, thats correct...
>but its kinda painfull to ask 450.000 users to change their browser
>configuration
>so I was hoping that squid have some way to work around it...

You could provide a proxy.pac autoconfiguration file, and maybe even
announce it through WPAD, thereby minimizing the amount of configuration
work your users have to do. But none of these involves Squid. The
proxy.pac file will be served by your regular web server, and the
WPAD announcement, by your DNS and/or DHCP servers.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)