Re: Resolve user names

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:03:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Bester Leon:

> All my proxy clients are running Microsoft Win95/98/NT
>
> I'm running Squid 2.2 Stable 2 on Redhat 5.1
>
> In my log files only IP addresses are shown and not Machine names - How can
> I change this to have my log files reflect Machine names.

You should put "log_fqdn on" into your squid conf. Remember, that it could
slow down access to the world via squid if reverse DNS failed or if you don't
have all the machines registered in rev DNS.

Regards,
Maciej

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about