Re: Squid and apache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:08:48 +0200

squid wrote:

> Seems to me that after no refresh_patern entry in squid.conf some pages on
> an apache server are cached and not expire, even if a new page exist.

True.

The Squid default is to cache objects without a explicit expiry time for
20% of their age.

To configure your Squid to have fully strict refresh checks configure it
with

refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0

This forces Squid to validate each request to a object without any
explicit expiry time. Note that this will have a servere impact on your
latency hit ratio.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker