Re: HEAD message

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:16:28 +0200

Dancer wrote:

> 501 Not Implemented

Which tells us that in this case the problem is at the origin server,
not Squid ;-)

Why someone would use some kind of tool sending HEAD requests to a
server where it is not supported beats me, but as you (I think it was
you) have claimed that search engines commonly uses HEAD one guess is
that it is caused by some kind of personal search agent, or perhaps a
misbehaved personal mirror tool. (a correcly behaving HTTP mirriring
application should default to use GET IMS, not HEAD)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker