Re: Hotmail & parenting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 20:57:58 +0200

Mikael Puusa wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you have had any problems with https (hotmail,
> bank connections),
> co's i can't get it to work at all. (and i'd like to).

Since https is encrypted and not cachable Squid by default considers it
a waste to use parents for such connections.

If you are inside a firewall where direct connections from Squid to
origin servers is not possible then you need to user never_direct

If the situation is that you are allowed to go direct but would prefer
to user parents then "prefer_direct off" may do the trick, but I am not
sure.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker