Re: MEM_hits

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:14:41 +0200

Derek Hampton wrote:

> For sites in acl's being forced direct, should you see MEM_HITS? I would
> expect a DIRECT notation in the request.

always_direct does not deny caching. It only forces Squid to not use any
peers (also bypasses never_direct). To stop objects from being cached
you use no_cache.

In this case the most appropriate action is probably to configure the
no-proxy settings in the browsers. There is little use in using a proxy
for local servers, all you get is higher load on the proxy and lower
performance to the client.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker