Re: MEM_hits (fwd)

From: Derek Hampton <derek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:48:52 -0400

The main purpose here is that I'm configuring squid for an ISP however the
ISP itself does not want their pages to be cached(ie, their company's main
page). When developers of the pages work on them they don't want to have to
worry about their most current work not showing up immediately in addition
to the fact that it adds an additional hop(through the cache) to the server
which is internal. Like you said, having a proxy for local servers isn't
very effective.

Also, we're caching transparently and not as a proxy so reconfiguring the
bowser won't help us in this situation.

Here are the acl's I put in place per your suggestions however I'm still
getting hits.

acl local-servers dst 208.31.254.0/255.255.255.0
acl external-servers dstdomain looksmart.com

no_cache deny local-servers
no_cache deny external-servers

936981071.885 30 208.31.254.49 TCP_HIT/200 5292 GET
http://www.looksmart.com/plainads/newlogo7.gif - NONE/- image/gif

--
Derek Hampton, Consulting Engineer
Skycache, Inc. - http://www.skycache.com