Re: wild swap.state

From: <darrin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:24:40 +1000 (EST)

I've experienced this a couple of times, I don't know what causes it
but it might be something to do with sending reconfigure signals to
squid at the wrong time (like whilst its rotating logs or still
initialising or something).

For me deleting the swap state file worked - squid would spend half an
hour or so analysing the cache directory and rebuilding the file to its
proper size.

 - Darrin

--
Darrin Smart, Senior Software Engineer       | darrin@research.canon.com.au
Canon Information Systems Research Australia | Phone +61-2-9805-2942