Re: Overriding Pragma: no-cache from servers

From: Ian Kallen <spidaman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:44:52 -0700

Squid caches a response's set-cookie header unless instructed not to
cache the response?

I was looking at a related issue with an http accelerator installation:
when a browser user hit's "shift reload" not only does the browser
re-request the page and all of its inline objects but also addes a
"Pragma: no-cache" request header. Squid just passes these requests
through. I'm wondering if this is a quick and dirty way to invalidate a
particular cache item; if a bogus version of an image is changed (and
you don't want to just use a different name for the right one) one can
just shift-reload to force the accelerator to refresh. Anybody looked
at this more closely already?

--
Salon Internet 				http://www.salon.com/
  HTTP mechanic, Perl diver, Mebwaster, Some of the above