Changing the size of a cache_dir

From: Robert Franklin <r.c.franklin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:20:24 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Hi,

I made a cache_dir too small and want to increase it. I changed the size
and restarted the machine (I was rebooting it anyway) - it worked fine.

However, when I came in this morning, the size reverted back down again
(I am checking the size using the cachemgr).

What should I do if I want to change the size of a cache_dir? Recreate
the Squid object directories (i.e. 'squid -z')? One of the cache_dirs
I'm changing is the first of the collection.

As an aside, does Squid consider filesystem space, or just the configured
cache_dir space (i.e. if I put 10000 in cache_dir but the filesystem is
only 9500, will Squid keep trying to fill the partition?).

Thanks,

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@reading.ac.uk>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK