Squid as an accelerator for the whole domain - Is it possible ?

From: Robert Duic <rduic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:26:11 +0200

Hello chaps,

I am new on this list so excuse me for any inconvenience

I've got two questions. First one is the basic one.

Q1: Is it possible at all to configure squid as showed on Fig.1:

Q2: Is it possible to configure squid as showed on Fig.1 to cache
        ftp requests on port 21.

        In order to cache ftp requests on port 21 do I need to run
        another instance of squid or everything can be configured
        within single "squid.conf" file just for one instance of squid ?

Fig.1

xyz.com Internet

+--------+ +--------+
|Alpha:80|----+ +----|Client 1|
+--------+ | | +--------+
              | |
+--------+ | +--------+ | +--------+
|Beta:80 |----+-|Squid:80|-+----|Client 2|
+--------+ | +--------+ | +--------+
              | |
+--------+ | | +--------+
|Gamma:80|----+ +----|Client 3|
+--------+ WAN WAN +--------+

Let's have 3 different http servers within domain "xyz.com"
They are are called Alpha, Beta, Gamma.

Clients should access http servers within domain "xyz.com" through
server running Squid on default http port 80.

(I don't want to change any setting on client machines, that's the reason
 why Squid should run on default port for http protocol - 80.)

All http calls to servers within domain "xyz.com" should be cached
on the server running Squid.

P.S.

I have successfully configured squid as an accelerator with enabled
proxy which gives me almost desired functionality. I can access
server Alpha through Squid but if I follow the URL link which
points on http://Beta.xyz.com all requests are going direct.

I will really appreciate constructive answers, suggestions to this
post. Maybe some other tool can do the thing ?

Thanks in advance,

RobertD