Re: Still Troubles with Squid Behind FireWall

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:36:37 +0200

Gerardo Andino wrote:

> I have the firewall running on a NT server in the same segment as the
> SQUID, but I don't know how to set squid.conf I tried this one but
> didn't work.

If the NT firewall is proxy based then you configure it as a parent to
Squid, and tell Squid that it must not go direct by using the
never_direct tag.

cache_peer firewall.example.com 8080 0 no-query
never_direct allow all

(assuming your firewall proxy port is 8080)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker