Re: squid-2.2STABLE4 problem

From: tom minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:19:08 +1000

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 09:35:24AM +1000, Rajesh Bandar wrote:

> Since then I am having problems with the squid. It becomes very slow after it
> has been running for about 4 to 5 mts. I put the cache_dir size back to the
> previous configuration (cache_dir /opt/local/squid/cache 100 16 256). Still
> squid is very slow. I couldn't find any documentation to solve this problem.
> If someone experienced the same problem please tell me how to solve this.

Judging by the cache.log you didn't shutdown Squid cleanly. You should always
use the squid -k shutdown command to pack up the cache_dir properly, otherwise
you will have to do a slow restart (slow as in time and in performance). Once
the slow restart has finished the Squid should return to it's normal speed.

tom@interact.net.au