Using proxy_auth and transparent proxy at the same time.

From: Allen Sturtevant <aps@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:10:52 -0700

Hello,

     I'm new to this mailer, and I have a question regarding
the Subject: line above. I checked the FAQ's and Email archive,
but the only info I can find on this topic was in the Email
archive (see the end of this message) -- plus the comment
in the default squid.conf file saying that proxy_auth and
transparent proxy will not work together (but not why).

     I'm running Squid 2.2.STABLE4 on a Sun Solaris 2.6
system. Before I delve into modifying Squid code to make
this work, is this indeed a problem/limitation in the
browsers, as implied below? If so, I suspect no amount
of changes to the Squid proxy will remedy this problem.

     Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any info/pointers,

Allen Sturtevant <aps@llnl.gov> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
SCCD/NAC/LabNet P.O. 808, Mail-Stop L-267
Networking & Advanced Communications Livermore, California 94551 USA
Phone: +1 925-424-4387 FAX: +1 925-424-2425