Help! Squid never returns anything

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:41:22 +0930

Hi. Hoping someone can help me with this problem -- couldn't find an
answer in the FAQ:

I've just installed Squid 2.2 STABLE 4 on a Linux (Caldera) box (Pentium
II/333). Install was easy, config was, umm, easy (just doing what I was
told!), and it seems to run -- cache.log doesn't show any strange
errors.

BUT:

when I try to use it, I get no response back -- Netscape just sits,
waiting patiently, apparently forever, "connecting". (Using auto config
proxy.pac file).

Tried debug, but got lots of messages but no apparent errors. It did
indicate that squid had received my request and was making connections.

Don't know what to try next -- any and all ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

 Stephen Thomas, Senior Systems Analyst
 Contact: http://www.library.adelaide.edu.au/ual/staff/sthomas.html
 ** Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message reflects my
own opinion, and not the policy of the University of Adelaide Library.**
 "I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's"
 -- William Blake