authenticate_ttl not working?

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:38:34 +0930

Maybe I've misunderstood something, but the authenticate_ttl parameter
in squid.conf seems to be ignored.

If I've understood things, this should "expire" a username/password
after the indicated period (default 3600 -- seconds?) and require the
user to re-authenticate themselves. But this doesn't happen.

Anyone want to put me straight?

Steve

(Running Squid 2.2 on Caldera Linux.)

 Stephen Thomas, Senior Systems Analyst
 Contact: http://www.library.adelaide.edu.au/ual/staff/sthomas.html
 ** Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message reflects my
own opinion, and not the policy of the University of Adelaide Library.**
 "I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's"
 -- William Blake