Re: cache create problem in the 2.3.DEVEL2 package

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben.farrelly@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:00:56 +1000

At Saturday 02:18 PM 25/09/1999 +0000, Roland de Greef wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have the following problem with installing the squid-2.3.DEVEL2 package.
>When i'm configuring the cache, with ./squid -z. It says:
>FATAL: Unknown cache_dir type '/data/squid/cache'
>
>And in my squid.conf i have insert the following line:
>cache_dir /data/squid/cache 100 16 256
>Furthermore the directory has the right owner, group and permissions.
>I hope someone knows what's the problem.

Yes. The problem is that you are asking for help in the wrong place. As
has been posted on this list daily for the last week or so, you will _not_
get any assistance here on DEVEL releases. [Am I the only person on this
list sick of hearing this this week?]

Go have a read of http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/ and if you
find any bugs, mail them to squid-bugs@ircache.net. Otherwise, use Squid
2.2STABLE5, just been released :)

Reuben

PS: you'll find the answer to your question at the above url, near the
link to presumably where you downloaded DEVEL2 from :)