RE: WCCP on Squid 2.3 - a solution please ?

From: Glenn Chisholm <glenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:33:08 -0600 (MDT)

> First this should be on the squid devel rather than the users list as the
> "users" don't don;t usually play with devel code. I am going to test WCCP
> tommorow in a Cisco IOS 12.0(3)T and FreeBSD 3.3 environment.. If it works
> it works if not I will break in the 2.3 DEVELOPMENT code and see what I
> can find as to why it doesn't work. I asked the questions to the
> developers got back reasonable answers and now I am going to dive into
> it..

His problem is not actually in the Squid code, it is a Linux OS
configuration issue. The WCCP code in Squid is doing its job. However the
GRE packets get dropped by the OS after reaching the box. Not that the
WCCP code is polished. There are a number of changes for the next
development release.

Your biggest problem is going to be getting the GRE patch in your kernel.
However at worst you may have to patch it manually. Which should not be
too hard, it is not big :-)

glenn