Re: Why ftp.microsoft.com connection failed?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:53:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Vladimir Larkin wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> Why when I trying to get ftp://ftp.microsoft.com from my browser error
> occurred?

Sorry, I couldn't pass this one up... Maybe its because they're
running Windows NT and the particular FTP server (out of at least the
40 FTP servers they have) you got ahold of was in the middle of its
90th daily ritualistic reboot? :-)

-- Chris "Administrator of 8 Horrible NT Servers" Dillon
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users. It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."