RE: Bandwidth and load sharing

From: Daniel E. Visbal <daniel.visbal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:53:38 -0500

I will like to hear about other solutions, using less computers.

The solution I was able to come with was not with 2 but 3 computers since
sibling is valid only for data on the cache.
I do have one computer for the users proxy that have two parents, each one
to the different internet providers.

On the computer that is being used as the proxy, the relationship with the
other proxies is setup as parent with closest-only option, and also has ICMP
enable during configure.

cache_peer proxy1 parent 3128 3130 closest-only
cache_peer proxy2 parent 3128 3130 closest-only

This will give some balance bandwidth since it will retrieve the data from
the best possible connection at the time the request arrive.

Daniel E Visbal