Some advice on Squid internals pls.

From: Andy Doran <ad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:32:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi all. I'm not sure this is the right place to post, but here goes.

I've been implementing NTLM proxy authentication for Squid. This is the
'NT integrated' authentication MS-Proxy uses. I need to replace MS-Proxy
where I work, and I expect others do :).

Everything works fine save one problem. After Squid issues an NTLM
challenge with the '407: Proxy authentication required' page, both IE4 and
IE5 expect the connection to the proxy server to be held open for further
requests - Squid closes it. They can *not* issue the authorization in
reply by opening another connection.

To my question: at what point is the decision to close the connection
made? This is with squid-2.2.STABLE3.

TIA.

- ad