Re: parent cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:37:13 +0200

Jurijs Dorofejevs wrote:

> I'm watching squid logs and getting only TCP_MISS lines.
> As I understand it means that object not in cache and must be
> downloaded from the server.

Not in the cache, or the browser forced Squid not to use the cache.

> it affects only SOURCE addresses....
> but I need IP of DESTINATIONS (URL) - is it possible?

I have a patch which allows that if your Squid is going direct to the
source, available from my Squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>.

Logging the destination IP when you use a parent makes little sense as
the only IP Squid will know for sure then is the IP of the parent.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker