RE: pam authentication

From: Suresh paripalli <suresh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 21:26:42 +0530

dear sir
I have configured squid cache on redhat 6.0 linux box with the help of
people like you i have written the neceesarry ipchains for the
transparency feature to work my transparenc feature is working I have
tested pam_auth using clear text username and password its working but
when i access through a browser a dialog bx appears asking for a user
name and password after entering the username and passord
it says proxy authentication failed. I know this does not work with the
transparen proxy iget this error even if i point my browser to use
proxy manually why is this happenning

i have made a file /etc/pam.d/squid

auth required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so
account required /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password required /lib/security/pam_unix_passwd.so
session required /lib/security/pam_unix_session.so

is this a valid configuration

in the squid.conf file
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password
http_access allow all

is this a valid access list
 please tell me why i get proxy authentication failed

suresh
squid@sol.net.in
suresh@sol.net.in