Re: squid running & dying

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 10:42:54 +0200

At 13:30 04.10.99 -0500, Asim Kamran wrote:
>We are installing squid ver 2.3 under Sun Solaris 2.6 running SunOS 5.6.
>
>When we run squid soon after that it dyies by giving segment violation
>error.
>What changes should we do to run it successfully ?

If you don't have a particular reason to run an unreleased
development version, install the latest stable version instead.
(Currently 2.2.STABLE5.)

If you have to run a development version, read and heed the
instructions and warnings coming with it, including which
mailing list to use for questions about it.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)