custom access control

From: Rik van Riel <riel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:29:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm currently busy adding custom access control to squid,
where an admin can specify individual access controls for
each group of users, times of day and quotas for users.

As this feature would be most useful when it's integrated
in future versions of squid, I'll use this medium to ask
the squid developers where and how they would want this
feature to be added...

FYI: I plan on storing all quota, access control and user
statistics in a database and use external programs to do
the authentication checks and storage of the statistics.

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.
--