Problems downloading Netscape.

From: Defiler <defiler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:49:29 -0400

This doesn't seem to be addressed in the FAQ, so I'm going to go ahead and
ask the list.

I am running 2.2STABLE5 in a fairly default configuration. The only notable
change is the addition of squid_redirect.
I've been using Squid for several months with ten users or so with no
problems at all.
However, one of my users tried to download Netscape via this URL (clicking
on "Download" at Netscape.com:
http://cgi.netscape.com/cgi-bin/pdms_download.cgi?SYMBOL=communicator4.7-win
32-en&OS=Windows+95%2C+98+or+NT&LANGUAGE=English&PRODUCT=Communicator%204.7&
components=ON&mirror=OFF&which=client&usfree.x=1

With the proxy enabled, the operation times out and fails; with it disabled,
it works normally.
Netstat does not report any communication on ports that are not exposed by
default in Squid.

Any hints?
Thanks,
--Wilson. Conquering the Earth Since 1978.
Mogake kurushime. Koi to wa soo iu mono da.
"Writhe in torment. That's the way love is."