Re: Modify the ERROR message

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:23:51 +0200

Rodney M. Savard wrote:

> > Under the squid/etc/errors, the html files to print
> > the error messages exists. If u want to change the
> > description, u can modify those files and compile
> > squid once again.
>
> I may be wrong, but I don't think you have to recompile squid after
> changing these files.

You don't. The error messages is loaded when Squid starts up.

And you dont need to change the existing error messages to show your own
error messages when access is denied. See deny_info in squid.conf. With
it you can provide different (custom) error messages depending on why
the access was denied.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker