RE: proxy.pac file ...

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:53:10 -0500

Just a quick lessons-learned thing. One of my clients was running split DNS
in a way that internal users workstations were not able to resolve both
internal and Internet names simultaneously. Under this scenerio, the
isInNet command adds a huge (i.e. >45 second) delay to most new requests as
it takes that long for the DNS query for the destination host name to time
out.

Jon