Question on using Squid 2.2 on RedHat Linux 6.0

From: LAU CHI CHEUNG SAMUEL <cclau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:59:26 +0800

Hi,

I am a novice on using squid.

I have to set up a local proxy server inside an intranet within an
organisation.
The server is a Pentinum 133 /RAM 64M /HD 2.1G machine. I used two
network cards eth0 and eth1. eth0 is assigned with IP 192.168.1.1/26 and

eth1 with 192.168.197.251/24.

eth0 is connected to the localnet and eth1 to the intranet parent proxy
server.

I have configure the parameters in the file squid.conf as follows:
1) cache_peer upperhostname parent 8080 3130 proxy-only
2) cache_mem 40 MB
3) acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
4) acl localnet src 192.168.1.0/26
5) http_access allow localnet
6) http_access deny all

When I run squid, I can go out to the internet and can surf to different

homepages. But I cannot go further into the hyperlinks on some
homepages starting with Java. The error message for this is " the remote

host or network may be down".

Could anyone give me advice on solving this problem ?

Besides, does the above system require that DNS system be installed
before Squid can run well ?

Regards,
Sam