Re: negative byte hit ratio...again

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:59:08 +0200

Vesselin Atanasov wrote:

> Hello.
> This could very easily happen if one of your cache clients connects
> through squid to a very fast server. Then squid reads data stream from
> server and this data stream takes all your bandwidth.

Only up to "TCP_RECEIVE_WINDOW + 16KB + TCP_SEND_WINDOW". Squid then
slows down to the client speed. If you are using delay pools then the
equation may be limited to TCP_RECEIVE_WINDOW, but I am not sure.

If the client aborts the connection and quick_abort does not abort the
server connection then any remaining data is fetched at full speed by
Squid, and this is regardless of any delay pools.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker