Re: Problems with choosing faster parent cache!

From: Bartlomiej Solarz <B.Solarz-Niesluchowski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:09:48 +0200

At 21:10 99-10-18 , Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski wrote:
>
> > So how theoretically select for eg. domain_a squid yyy for domain_b squid
> > xxxx (or automatically - xxxx is selected when RTT from xxxx to any_domain
> > is lower, yyyy is selected when RTT from yyyy to any_domain is lower)?
>

>You could use never_direct, then Squid will ICP ping on all requests,
>even those where it would normally not use ICP. Forcing never_direct
>when it isn't needed is however far from the ideal situation.

I have:
never_direct allow all
Where all are src of all my clients, but sometimes it wrotes (on some
directions) CLOSEST_DIRECT (grrr....)

>Selecting domains can be done with cache_peer_access or
>cache_peer_domain directives.

I used cache_peer_access and it helps - thanks (I use dst-as too!)

>If you have one parent which you see as preferred, then configure it as
>a default parent, and weight it to always win ICP miss queries.

Here is small problem i prefer one parent to asXXXX second to asYYYY - I
choose with:

cache_peer_access xxxx allow as-xxx
cache_peer_access xxxx deny !as-xxx
cache_peer_access yyyy allow !as-xxx
cache_peer_access yyyy deny as-xxx

Is that correct (yyy is my last resort cache)?

Best Regards

* Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski *
* Administrator WSISiZ *
* Motto - nie psuj Win'9x one i bez tego sie psuja.... *
* Jak sobie poscielisz tak sie wyspisz *