Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:18:28 -0600

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Javier Miranda wrote:

> cuando corro el squid me sigue dando error al abrir el fichero access.log,
> aquid adjunto el resultado del messages y squid.out
>
> when I run the squid , continue giving error upon opening the file
> access.log, attached squid the result of the messages and squid.out
>
> Oct 20 00:49:58 wave (squid): Cannot open /proxy/logs/access.log: (13)
> Permission denied

In Unix, things like processes and files have an owner. For Squid,
the process owner and file owner should be the same. If they are
not the same, you may get messages like ``permission denied.''

To find out who owns a file, use the ls -l command:

        % ls -l /usr/local/squid/logs/access.log

A process is normally owned by the user who starts it. However,
Unix sometimes allows a process to change its owner. If you specified
a value for the effective_user option in squid.conf, then that will
be the process owner. The files must be owned by this same userid.

If all this is confusing, then you probably should not be running
Squid until you learn some more about Unix.

Duane W.