Re: Ad blocking / redirector

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:06:22 +0200

Brooks Martin wrote:

> Could anyone give me an example of a way to replace an advert with a
> predetermined image file (via a redirector I guess)? I've had a bash
> at this myself but my miniscule brain is being defeated :)

First you have to identify the URL's of the adverts you want to remove,
then you have to have a HTTP server somewhere capable of responding with
the replacement image. When you have figured this out all you need is a
small redirector script which does a search/replace on the URL's,
replacing advert URL's with the URL to your image.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker