Re: Redirector?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 21:17:52 +0200

MEHRDAD FATEMI wrote:

> Hi All
> I have some domains in my ISP that are working during the daytime.
> I wonder if squids redirectors (such as squirm) can send a virtual message if
> the domains are down.(eg:"the domain is not working at night").

What you can do is to have the redirector make a temporary redirect to a
page containing the message.

Another option is to use Squids access control and custom error pages
(see deny_info). This allows you to return different messages based on
client/destination/time/whatever without needing a redirector process.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker