Re: fake pinger

From: Gyula Hajdu <fisher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Duane Wessels wrote:

> > I replace it by a simple shell script, or so?
>
> Just disable the ICMP options in Squid. If you're behind a firewall,
> then you probably don't want/need to ping origin servers.
Well, actually I want, because I have two squid servers, connected an
(fast)internal line, and both of them has Internet link, but I can
administer only my network (firewall, router, etc). I had a lots of
trouble setting up this squid configuration beacuse of the other side's
foolish firewall sw. The only solution I found to use a fake pinger :((

| Fisher The monkey sat on a pile of stones |
| http://www.bmk.hu/~fisher And he stared at the broken bone in his hand |