Re: Proxy reports with upstream?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:51:18 +0000

Tony_Melia@Dell.com wrote:

> I have Squid using MS proxy 2.0 as an upstream. When a fault occurs (e.g
> host not found) it is reported as a MS web page rather than squid....is
> there any way to change this?
>
> <CLient>--------<squid>---------<upstream MS proxy>
>
> Tony.

In the event of any HTTP response that resembles an error, some versions
of MS-proxy (and indeed MSIE) generate their own error-pages rather than
using the content provided. I'm not aware of any work-around, other than
to use another proxy further up to rewrite the HTTP response code (not
recommended)