Squid and HTTP response header

From: <david.jorrin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

I detected a unexpected Squid's behaviour with some cgi's.

If the cgi doesn't generate a HTTP response header, my current Squid
version (2.2PRE2) doesn't pass the cgi result to the client. Instead,
Squid seems to wait for a valid response until it's reached the
time-out (ERR_LIFETIME_EXP). The access log also shows an unusual
return code (TCP_MISS/600).

I realize that the real error is into the cgi, but the browsers and
others proxies (as Netscape Proxy) accept the http response without
header. However Squid behaves too much strictly.

Is it a deliberate behaviour or a version's bug?
Do you know any simple workaround for this problem?

I would be grateful if you would send me a direct reply to my e-mail
address (David.Jorrin@writeme.com). Thanks in advance for your help,

        David Jorrin.